Fall is a beautiful time of year and we here at Best Home Care want seniors and their families and home caregivers to make the most of it. After all, we don’t solely focus on helping people find quality homecare for seniors, pediatric homecare, and homecare for the disabled; but ensuring good quality of life for those receiving and providing homecare services.
Getting out and enjoying the crisp fall air is a great way to enjoy some time together! Here are some fun ideas on how to enjoy the fall with older loved ones and senior caregivers:
- Plan a visit to the pumpkin patch! Head out with family or even just one on one with your patient or Pick out some pumpkins to make some pie. Some pumpkin patches even offer hayrides or corn mazes for the kids!
- Check out a local fall festival! Fall means it’s time for Oktoberfests, which are perfect for sampling different foods, dancing, and enjoying time with those closest to you.
- Visit an apple orchard! Speaking of food, there is nothing like getting some hot apple cider fresh from the orchard. You can pick apples to bring home and bake into a pie or crisp, or grab a delicious candy apple.
- Head out to a local football game! Even if you aren’t a die-hard football fan, it can still be fun to sit with all the fans and enjoy the game.
- Make some homemade fall decorations! There are plenty of opportunities for DIY projects to create some beautiful fall décor. You could even pick up some individual flowers and build your own fall bouquet.
At Best Home Care, we want the golden years to stay golden! That means enjoying and making the most of the time we spend together and we want your elderly homecare experience to help you do just that! For more information on our home health care services in the Twin Cities, visit our website, email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at (651) 330-2550.
As springtime begins, we all enjoy getting back outside to enjoy the warmer weather. But one unfortunate downside of springtime is the many allergens in the air. Here at Best Home Care, we know that these allergens make it an especially challenging time of the year for seniors.
Most antihistamines are not recommended for seniors as they can interfere with other prescription medicines and increase blood pressure, but there are other ways to weaken the effects of seasonal allergies. Here are some tips from Best Home Care on how to make allergy season easier for seniors receiving home healthcare:
- Know The Pollen Levels: If there are specific days you plan on being outside, like Memorial Day for instance, check the pollen levels along with the weather report. You can also plan outings when the levels are going to be low, making for a much more enjoyable day.
- Wash Away the Allergens: To prevent pollen from spreading inside your house, wash your hands once getting inside and toss your clothes and linens in the dryer rather than hanging them outside. Pollen and other allergens can collect on our clothes and get in the home.
- Run The Air Conditioning: Having the windows shut and preventing the wind from blowing in irritants can make a big difference in managing allergy symptoms. This can be tricky for seniors though, who do not get as hot in the summertime. But if allergies are a concern, having the windows closed and the air conditioning on makes for much more comfortable senior homecare experience in the spring and summer months.
Best Home Care knows the importance of providing quality homecare for seniors and can answer all of your questions regarding home healthcare services.
For more information on how to make allergy season easier on the seniors in your life or if you have any questions regarding elderly homecare, contact our home health professionals at (651) 330-2550. We can help answer any questions you may have regarding in-home care services, home nursing services, or in-home care costs.