Halloween is always a fun time of year with pumpkin carving, trick or treating and dressing up in crazy costumes, but the fun doesn’t have to for those receiving home care. At Best Home Care, we want our personal care assistants, home caregivers, and healthcare aides to be aware of fun ways that everyone can enjoy Halloween regardless of age! There are plenty of ways to have fun safely while receiving home healthcare.
Below are a few fun ideas to keep in mind when celebrating the season with home care patients and loved ones:
- Halloween Movie Marathon: This is a must for any scary movie lover during the fall. Break out the old classics from their time and a few newer movies, then pop some popcorn and have a binge-fest!
- Pumpkin Decorating: Maybe the senior in your life isn’t one who enjoys a good scare. Try something creative, relaxing, yet fall themed like decorating pumpkins. Carving isn’t necessary if it is too physically difficult, break out some colorful paints and create some wacky and festive decorations.
- Halloween Board Games: Everyone enjoys a fun board game, and with classics like Clue or Mystery Mansion it is easy to have a game night with a fun Halloween twist! Senior caregivers can even look up Halloween themed Pictionary or Charades topics for even more game night options.
- Have a Fall Food Picnic: Invite family, friends and neighbors out to a park and bring some fall food classics like caramel apples, pumpkin pie, and apple cider to enjoy in the crisp fall weather.
- Scary Stories: Nothing says Halloween like telling ghost stories. Light a fire and share some spooky stories together. If you don’t have any of your own, look up some from the Internet and print them off, then trade off reading with friends, family, and home health aides.
For more ideas on how to make the most of your home healthcare experience feel free to call Best Home Care at (651) 330-2550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in seeing all the homecare services we provide be sure to visit our website today!