At Best Home Care, we believe in helping others to find their best quality homecare through personal care assistants, home nursing, and home caregivers. But we know that there is so much more that goes into improving the quality of life of those in home healthcare. That is why we make it our mission to stay up to date on all new treatments and activities that can improve life for seniors, children, and the disabled.
This week, we have found some amazing benefits of yoga for seniors. Yoga classes for seniors are available at many yoga studios and community centers and there are even some simple videos online that can be done at home with a homecare assistant.
Here are some of the amazing benefits to consider:
- Yoga can reduce tension and swelling in joints as well as decrease pain and discomfort caused by Arthritis.
- It can help improve sleep quality.
- Regular yoga can improve blood flow and lower blood pressure by reducing oxidative stress.
- A huge benefit for seniors, yoga can improve balance, stability, joint mobility and builds strength- which decreases the risk of falling
- Yoga is a mood booster and can help in relieving anxiety. It is calming and restorative and relaxes the body and mind and encourages mindfulness.
- Improves flexibility and increases ease of motion through low impact movement that can help reduce aches and pains.
- Improves respiratory health, as breathing is an essential part to practicing yoga.
- Helps with managing Type 2 Diabetes by reducing stress levels and stimulating organs that regulate metabolism.
If you or a loved one is interested in adding some yoga into their daily routine, it may be something worth bringing up to a home health care aide. At Best Home Care our goal is helping those in need find their ideal home health care assistance. Visit our website for more information on our services, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions on homecare services! Call us at (651) 330-2550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.