At Best Home Care, our goal is to help those in need find the best home healthcare services. While we specialize in providing quality homecare administrative services, be it homecare for seniors, children, or the disabled, we also want to help family members and friends learn how to make the most of their time with their elderly loved ones. After all, homecare aides, personal care assistants, and home nurses often become like family and there’s nothing better than enjoying the holidays with family and friends.
When a loved one is struggling with dementia however, it becomes much harder to enjoy the holidays together. That is why we have come up with some great gift ideas that will be perfect for your loved one who is living dementia or Alzheimer’s. Here are our favorites!
- Easy jigsaw puzzles: There are specially designed puzzles for those with disabilities or dementia. These can come in many designs, even vintage magazine covers that they may remember from when they were young!
- Companion animals: No, not an actual live animal, more like a very realistic stuffed animal. These can help ease feelings of loneliness as well as bring some comfort to those with dementia, without the work of caring for an actual pet. Some even make sounds and respond to touch!
- Therapy dolls: These dolls can bring back good memories from childhood. They can also help alleviate feelings of isolation and depression.
- Music boxes: There are special MP3 music boxes that resemble an old radio. By lifting and closing the lid the music starts and stops. Music is known to be soothing and can make all the difference for those with dementia.
- Amazon Echo! (Dot or 2nd Generation): This handy device can answer questions for your loved one if no one else is there to do so. It also can tell time, weather, and play music!
To learn more about how Best Home Care can help you and yours enjoy this holiday season, visit our website for more information on our services!
Best Home Care specializes in helping those in need find quality homecare services with personal care assistants, caregivers, and home nurses. But we know that the quality of life depends on more than just homecare services. Nothing means more for grandparents than spending time with loved ones and keeping in touch with family is important to keep special traditions alive.
Enjoying regular family time can make all the difference in a home healthcare experience. Here are some ways to bond with your grandchildren or grandparents this coming Grandparents Day on September 10th:
- Plan a visit to someplace fun! Head out to an art museum, zoo, or movie.
- Share a special hobby! Maybe once a year on Grandparents Day head out to the golf course, have a poker tournament, or go pick out flowers to plant in the garden together.
- Have a slumber party! Watch some movies and pop some popcorn then enjoy some story time with the grandkids.
- Take a little trip! Head out for a camping or fishing trip for a weekend. Or even take a day trip to a lake, rent a boat, and bring the tube for the kids!
- Take a shopping trip! If long distances don’t work and since it is back to school time, start a tradition of going back to school shopping together.
Traditions are so much more than just a way to spend the day. They create bonds and memories for families that will last a lifetime. The more unique you go, the better! Sometimes it is the little things that make the most special memories and traditions.
At Best Home Care, we help take home care to a new level- not just physically caring for patients but understanding mental and emotional needs as well! We help find ideal homecare for seniors, pediatric homecare, as well as care for the disabled.
For more information on our services, visit our website or contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (651) 330-2550.