At Best Home Care, we know the importance of finding quality homecare for your loved ones, especially during the cold winter months. However while we specialize in helping those in need find the right personal care assistants, home nurses, and home caregivers, we know that as loved ones and family members, you’d want to be aware of how you can make holiday gatherings and activities safe and fun for the seniors in your life.
We have come up with some fun activities for the holiday season that are great for the elderly whether they have homecare services or not! Here are some of our favorites!
- A card game tournament! Everyone enjoys a good card game whether it is Crazy 8’s or a rousing game of Go Fish!
- Play a board game! Classic board games like Monopoly or Clue are a great way to break out during a holiday gathering. Pick up a junior board game like Sorry or Chutes and Ladders to keep the kids entertained too!
- Cookie decorating! This is a fun Christmas time activity for all ages. Bake some cookies or gingerbread men ahead of time to bring to the party then provide different flavor frostings, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and of course some gumdrop buttons!
- Decorating stockings! Pick up some plain stockings from a craft store and some fun paints, glitter, and pompoms to stick on to each stocking. This is a great activity to do with the grandkids!
Best Home Care specializes in finding home healthcare services for the elderly, children and disabled. Whether you or your loved one is in need of 24-hour homecare, dementia homecare, live in homecare or just occasional visits, we can help you find the ideal services for you. For more information on our services or for any questions you may have, feel free to visit our website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (651) 330-2550.
It is no secret that gift giving can be tricky at times. When it comes to buying for seniors, it can be even more difficult.
The good news is that finding the best gifts for seniors is usually simpler than we may think. Best Home Care specializes in finding quality homecare for children, the disabled, and seniors with expert administrative services. Even though this is what we do every day, we know there is more that goes into enjoying the holidays than just having great personal care assistants, home nurses, and caregivers. Around the holidays, what most seniors (and most people) want is a gift from the heart. Here are some gift ideas they will be sure to appreciate:
- Quality Time Together: Whether it is having a holiday party, going out to lunch or even a movie, being together with loved ones is always a great holiday gift. Talk about their favorite Christmases/Hanukkahs/Kwanzaas and share some of yours!
- Warm Clothes for the Season: It’s no secret that winter (especially in Minnesota) can be flat out brutal. It can be especially tough for seniors though! So finding some warm sweaters, jackets, or even some warm fuzzy socks can be a nice, practical gift they are sure to appreciate.
- A Homemade Craft: Having the grandchildren paint a picture or decorate a frame for their grandparents is a great gift that is sure to mean a lot. Even painting a flowerpot with handprints of the kids is a simple, yet meaningful gift that is sure to be well received!
- Homemade Treats: While we are on the subject of homemade, there is no gift quite like homemade cookies, pies, and other desserts. Put them in a nice box and bring them to any holiday gathering to add some warmth and cheer.
At Best Home Care, we know the importance of finding home caregivers that treat your loved one like family. Having the best homecare services possible is the best gift you can give to those in need this time of year. Visit our website for more information on the services we provide in helping find a homecare solution for everyone.